If your idea of the perfect vacation is a mix of entertaining excursions and relaxing moments, pack your bags and head to NOMI Resort. Tucked away in the wooded forests of South Algonquin, our resort is close to some of the best things to do in Haliburton. From the warm sunshine of summer to the sparkling snow of winter, the changing of seasons opens up a whole new world of adventures.
What to Do When Staying at a Haliburton Resort
Our 40,000-square-foot retreat is filled with amazing ways to fill your days. Treat yourself to a bit of pampering at Spa Derma or wander one of our on-site trails. While there is no shortage of things to do without leaving the resort, one of the best parts of a vacation is exploring your destination. When planning your itinerary, leave time to get out and explore the memorable things to do throughout Haliburton.
- About an hour away from the resort is the Haliburton Forest & Wildlife Reserve. Encompassing 100,000 acres and 100 lakes, this area is a must-stop for outdoor lovers. It’s also home to the Wolf Centre, which educates visitors about wolf behaviour and conservation.
- If you’re looking for a closer forest outing, you’re in luck. Our resort is near the south entrance to Algonquin Provincial Park. The park, which is one of the largest provincial parks in Ontario, is filled with a variety of activities for every season, from biking to cross-country skiing.
- Expand your knowledge by visiting one of the museums found throughout the area. The Haliburton Highlands Museum will teach you about early pioneers, while the Algonquin Loggin Museum tells the history of logging.
- Discover amazing works of art at the Haliburton Sculpture Forest. Wander the trails of this attraction inside Glebe Park as you take in the 34 sculptures and six benches scattered throughout.
- The fun doesn’t stop when Haliburton turns into a winter wonderland. Bundle up and enjoy snowy pursuits like riding snowmobile trails, dog sledding, and snowshoeing. Warm-up afterwards with a stop in our Nespresso lounge.
Make Memories on an Ontario Getaway
Whether you’re exploring the things to do in Haliburton or relaxing by the lakeside fire pit, adventure is all around you when you stay at NOMI Resort. Feel the stress of everyday life start to melt away the second you arrive at our wellness community.
Grab a bite to eat at Lands8fifty before returning to your cozy accommodation. Our resort features standard guest rooms and luxurious suites, so you can find the lodging option that fits your vacation best. If you have any questions about the resort, call 1-888-765-9951 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Get the planning started by booking your stay online.