When you book a stay at NOMI Resort, you are surrounded by beauty you can only find in the rugged forest of the Canadian Shield. Our Haliburton resort is the perfect place to escape when you’re ready for a break from everyday life. Whether you’re looking for a digital detox or a romantic getaway, the wide variety of activities and attractions means you can create your perfect vacation itinerary. If you’re looking to spend a day out on the water, our resort is near some of the best fishing spots in Ontario.
A Guide to Waterways Perfect for a Fishing Excursion
Before setting off on your fishing adventure, you’ll need a few things, including a fishing license, which can be purchased online. You may also need to get a boat rental if you didn’t bring one with you. Marinas like Baptiste Lake Marina and RPM Marina in Haliburton can help set you up with your ideal boat.
Be sure to take note of what type of fishing is in season. After getting your license and rental boat, it’s time to find your perfect fishing lake.
- NOMI resort sits on the banks is Benoir Lake. Take in the serene lake on a paddleboat, canoe, or kayak as you cast your line for muskie, smallmouth bass, and largemouth bass.
- Found inside Algonquin Provincial Park, Kingscote Lake is known for its variety of trout and smallmouth bass. This lake is near the southernmost portion of the park.
- Watt Lake is about 15 minutes from the resort, making it a trek for a new fishing spot. One of the most popular fish species found in this lake is Northern pikes.
- Make the 11-minute southwest drive to Fishtail Lake to try your hand at catching smallmouth bass and lake trout.
- Take your pick of Little Straggle Lake or Straggle Lake, with a maximum depth of 60 feet. Fish species found in these lakes include northern pike and bass.
If you want a local expert to show you around, book a charter with The Art of Fishing. Choose the lake you want to fish one and let a local guide show you the best spots to drop anchor.
Discover Canadian Nature on Your Ontario Getaway
Whether you’re discovering the best fishing spots in Ontario in the summer or enjoying snow-filled adventures in the winter, you’ll have no trouble finding ways to get outdoors when staying at NOMI Resort. When staying at our resort near Algonquin Park, be sure to check out our on-site hiking trails.
Our main lodge features a range of spacious guest rooms, each with all the amenities you need to enjoy a relaxing stay. Before checking out, be sure to enjoy our on-site amenities, including LANDS8fifty restaurant and Spa Derma. For more information, call 1-888-765-9951 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also book online with the click of a button.